Help us keep our Kids Front & Center this Giving Tuesday!
Over the past two years, we have all been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, our kids were also victims, suffering emotionally from isolation and losing academic progress.
While other childcare providers were forced to shut their doors, the Joan & Alan Bernikow JCC of Staten Island was open to the children and families who needed us most. During this time, the JCC provided many opportunities for kids to just be kids again.
Some of the crucial in-person services we have provided over the past two years include:
- Learning Bridges programs, which provided supervision to over 400 children of essential workers during their remote learning days
- A fun, safe summer camp experience for thousands of children, including those with special needs and cancer, in programs throughout the Island
- Summer Rising programs, which allowed hundreds of children to catch up on schoolwork over the summer
- Early Childhood Education programs for infants and preschool children, including children with disabilities
- After school, sports, and music programming that allowed kids to safely socialize and play
We want to continue to run programs that help kids find new beginnings academically, socially, and emotionally during and after the pandemic, but to keep these programs going, we need your help!
As you consider your year-end giving, please think of the JCC’s Kids Front & Center campaign. Every dollar can make a difference, and no gift is too small. Please consider a gift in honor of a family member, friend, or neighbor. Your generous gift will go directly to providing these much-needed services for children and families in our community.